Louisianians who plan to vote in next month’s presidential election must register by today in order to cast a ballot. Louisianians who prefer to register online have until Oct. 13 to do so.
According to the Louisiana secretary of state’s website, residents who want to register in person can go to the registrar of voters office in their parish. They can also visit one of the following locations.
- Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles;
- Public assistance offices and agencies that administer or provide services under the food stamp program, Medicaid program, the Supplemental Food for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, the Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP) and the Child Case Assistance Program (CCAP);
- offices that provide state-funded programs primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities;
- armed forces recruitment offices; and
- other offices dedicated by rule, which may include public libraries, public schools and local government offices.
Election day is Tuesday, Nov. 3.